Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Orange Juice - The Glasgow School



Orange Juice was one of those bands that really took me a long time to get into, and I really don't know why. Of course I always really like the song "Rip It Up" but their early stuff rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it was Edwyn Collins voice, or maybe the weird way they where recorded. I don't know, I just know that I love them now and you should too. Here is a breif description of this compilation from allmusic:

"The Glasgow School, released in 2005 by Domino, contains the band's four singles for Postcard, the bulk of Ostrich Churchyard (a disc released in 1992, containing early versions of what would become 1982's You Can't Hide Your Love Forever), a Stars on 45-style version of "Simply Thrilled Honey," and a crude cover of the Ramones' "I Don't Care." For a lot of people, the material here (dating no later than 1981) is where Orange Juice begins and ends."



Ok, download the album here...

No comments: